Thursday, July 8, 2010

Reading on the Train, Pat Conroy, First post from iPad

Today is my first post composed while on board an MBTA train. I "just" missed my train and had to wait for 45 minutes for the next train to Boston. Thankfully, the heatwave that has enrobed the Northeast the entire week relented a touch and allowed a sea breeze to cool me on the raised concrete platform. I passed the time in the company of my second Pat Conroy novel (Beach Music) of the summer. Now arriving at the station. More to follow soon.

Line from Chapter Twenty-two: "The world was my subject and my hometown was the stimulant that drove me out to seek the world." Choice of "drove" definitely implies a complicated relationship with home. Have to read the book for more clues!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers