Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Cream Puffs with Lemon Mousse and Blueberry Sauce

Here is another item from brunch this past Sunday. We capped off the afternoon with this very refreshing desert, which seems light despite all the eggs and heavy cream involved. I was perusing the June 2009 issue of Martha Stewart Living and found this in the From Martha's Home to Yours section. At first glance I was not a big fan of this current issue. Also, I should come clean in case it was not completely obvious before now that I am a follower of Ms. Stewart's. She's like a relative in the house. Well, I should make clear that I'm glad she's not a live-in one because I would be out of my mind with perfectionist worries. She inspires me though I cannot relate to being a supper wealthy owner of a company and many properties. Would I like to? Hell yes!!!

The cream puffs are the most labor intensive part of the recipe. The light confections would also go perfect with your favorite ice cream, sauce and toppings. Do not forget to add the egg wash at the end before applying sanding sugar for a crunchy, sweetness texture. Be liberal with the sugar. Also, do not skip straining the crud through a fine metal sieve after cooking.

The cream puffs were almost to pretty to cut open.

The recipes for the blueberry sauce and lemon curd mousse made enough to top 12 cream puffs. I had extra cream puffs that I made good use of with some strawberry jam.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers