Thursday, June 4, 2009

JULIE & JULIA, The Movie. Will it be Heartburn Again?

Release Date: August 7, 2009. First look.



At first glance, I don't know if I buy Meryl Streep as Julia. I know it must be hard to tackle an icon like Julia Child . . . but it's Meryl going for her 100th Oscar nomination. There is a resemblance but the voice and robust-take-no-prisoners body/presences is not quite there. It could be the preview is just bad. The last film Meryl made with Nora Ephron co-starred starred Jack Nicholson and was titled Heartburn (screenplay by Ephron). You can imagine the reviews if they both don't nail this one. I hope they do. I would like to buy her as Julia like I bought Angela Basset as Tina Turner in What's Love Got to do With it. I cannot wait to see this one and am keeping my fingers crossed that it will not disappoint.



Film is based on these two books.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers