Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Architectural Digest / Visits: Julia Child / My Take on Film, Julie & Julia

emArchitectural Digest/em Visits: Julia Child: architecturaldigest.com

Shared via AddThis

Recently I posted links to the Smithsonian regarding Julia's famous kitchen. Architectural Digest ran a piece on the entire Cambridge, MA home back in 1979. The warmth of the house reflects the intellectual curiosity and passion of both Julia and her husband, Paul.

Paul Child (Stanly Tucci) and Julia Child (Meryl Streep) live it up Parisian style.

FYI: The Julia parts of the new film are wonderful. The movie reinforces the universal love for Julia while reminding us that her larger-than-life persona cannot be duplicated or replaced. Meryl Streep is excellent and captures the culinary masters essence on celluloid. I strongly recommend picking up a copy of My Life in France. Stanly Tucci is equally wonderful as Julia's devoted, passionate husband. Revisiting my copy, I was stunned at the excellent job the casting director did in casting all the roles in the Julia portion of the film. The actors look as if they jumped off the surface of the original photos courtesy of My Life in France.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers